Search This Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Vintage Jacket

I just got this amazing jacket from the 1970s, that a woman at my church made for her daughter when she was in high school.
It is still in great condition and the fact that it fits me makes it even better! It's made out of a tight woven tweed in dark blue, cream, dark green, and a golden/orange plaid and it has wooden buttons. The lady that made it said that she made matching pants for her daughter to wear, and that she wore the pants completely out, but I'm really glad the jackets still fully wearable.
I must say I think the buttons are my favorite detail
She was and is a very good seamstress there is not a mistake on it, it's so amazing and it's so much more special that I know who made it. The great thing is, she let me go through alot of fabric that she isn't going to use, and I found this in one of the boxes, and she said "If that fits you, you can have it if you want it." so I was so excited when I tried it on and it fit. I am so blessed to have such good people around me!

Just wanted to share my favorite jacket in my closet, now I just have to find something to wear with it!)
Thanks for reading,
                 The Broken Thimble

No comments:

Post a Comment