Search This Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Loose Sleeved Tunic

I was going through my new fabric stash again and I thought this screamed my mom. I bought it to her and she said "It looks like me!", so, I decided to make her a shirt out of it.
Simplicity 3621 is the pattern I used. It was a relatively easy pattern to follow.
It came out really well and it fit perfectly, and even better than that it only took about 2 or 2 and a half hours, and about 1 and 3/4 yards of fabric. The only part I didn't like was sewing on the tiny elastic cord loop for the button.
I only changed two things in the pattern, the first thing I did was I left out the elastic around the waistband. The other thing I changed was the tie, instead of making a tie out of the fabric (which I didn't want to do because it needed just a little bit of contrast) I used a complementary vintage light blue lace my grandmother gave me.
The lace worked just as well as a tie would have since it is a very strong sturdy lace, and it's about . It gives the tunic a little more of a unique look as well.
Anyway I just wanted to share this since I said I would put up everything I make from my new stash!

Thanks for reading,
                 The Broken Thimble

No comments:

Post a Comment